We're seeking an experienced Designer position with 4 years design experience.
A tertiary qualification in Fashion Design or a similar qualification is a must.
This position is a technical role, whilst working closely with the Creative Director to provide input in the design process and taking direction. This position is in Abbotsford VIC and is available immediately.
- Ability to work independently and to a creative brief, and meet deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office.
- Attention to detail, organization, and project management skills are a must.
- Strong garment construction knowledge
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of fashion trends and concepts
- Digital archive organization
- Strong communication and negotiation confidence with international stakeholders - i.e. suppliers and commercial buyers.
- Utilizing garment construction knowledge in liaison with suppliers and progressing product developments.
- Maintaining up-to-the-minute range boards and schedules.
- Coordinating samples and production quality control, measuring and spec checks.
- Sourcing and approving fabrics and trims.
- Leading fit sessions for new ranges.
- Maintaining up-to-date style reference library.
- Communicating feedback to suppliers and supervising the revision of samples through to approval for bulk production, in an extremely organized and clear cut manner.
Those interested in applying can email their CV and cover letter to
email@example.com with subject like "Designer Application"
We look forward to hearing from you!